A great collection of spring hostess gifts. You’ll be prepared for any party invitation that comes your way with these gift ideas.
As we thaw out from the winter chill in the Northeast, I’m super excited for spring entertaining season. Personally, I’m done with hibernating for now and I find that everyone is generally sharing in this sentiment and wanting to be more social. When I’m not hosting, but attending someone else’s gathering, I do like to bring a nice hostess gift. I rely on bottles of champagne and sparkling wine often, but it’s also fun to get a bit more creative. While I don’t think anyone would ever turn his or her nose up at a nice bottle of wine, I put together some ideas for hostess gifts that are a bit different. Sometimes it’s fun to go off the beaten path.
Browse the slide show below to see all of my picks and to shop. I also put together a bit of commentary so you can get an idea of why I’ve chosen these items.
This post does contain affiliate links; however, this does not alter the price that you ultimately pay.
- Sweet by Yotam Ottolenghi & Helen Goh – I first heard about Israeli-English chef/restaurant owner, Yotam Ottolenghi, from my friend, Cris, who is a wonderful home cook. Cris made me a few items over the years from Ottolenghi’s savory cookbooks and everything was always delicious. Then, in 2016, while visiting friends who were working in London for a few months, I had the pleasure of visiting one of Ottolenghi’s restaurants. The carrot cake I had there changed my mind about carrot cake – a dessert I always assumed I hated. This book would be perfect for the host or hostess who loves to bake.
- Luxardo Maraschino Cherries – Growing up I always loved those sickly sweet artificial maraschino cherries one would get in a Shirley Temple drink or on an ice cream sundae. I would beg my mom for more of them. Now that I’m grown, I’ve abandoned those supermarket maraschino cherries for a more elevated version. The classic Luxardo cherries. You’ve probably seen them on the blog before – garnishing the Cherry Old Fashioned I created for Valentine’s Day this year. While these are a bit of a splurge for cherries, they will be sure to impress any home mixologist. Get these for the host who loves making cocktails.
- Pepe Nero Home Diffuser by Erbario Toscano – A couple of months ago, I was visiting with my friend, Alex, at her apartment and I kept getting whiffs of some fabulous woody scent. I asked what it was and she pointed out this great home diffuser. As soon as I got home later that day, I ordered one immediately. I would say the scent is “unisex” so this is a perfect gift for anyone really.
- Anthropologie “Alice” Carafe – For a spring hostess gift, you can never go wrong with a beautiful carafe. I love the delicate gold etching on this one from Anthropologie’s home goods line. It could be used for serving wine, water, or a refreshing lemonade during the spring and summer months.
- Moroccan-Style Tea Glasses – Perfect for your friend with a bit of a more bohemian vibe. I love these Moroccan-style tea glasses and they come in two other fun colors (hot pink and bright yellow).
- Rosé All Day Gummies by Sugarfina – I think fun candies and other food items make great hostess gifts. What better way to kick off spring than with a sampling of rosé wine flavored gummies (well, maybe an actual glass of rosé). Sugarfina makes these gummies with Whispering Angel rosé wine.
- The Jam Stand Sampler – The Jam Stand is a Brooklyn-based company which makes various uniquely flavored jams. I personally have been dying to try the “Drunken Monkey” flavor – it sounds like it would be a delicious topping for pancakes or waffles.
- Valkiria Candle by Overose – The beautiful cruelty-free French candles from Overose are perfect for the chic animal loving hostess in your life. This scent is noted as a bestseller on Overose’s website and it has notes of fig leaves, peaches, coconut, and raw cedarwood. It would definitely be first on my list, but the brand also makes fruitier and more floral scents.
Which of these items would you love to receive as a hostess gift? Tell me in the comments.